4k@120hz unavailable via HDMI 2.1
Brief summary of the problem:
I have a RX 6800 XT connected to a LG B9 TV via HDMI. As both these devices are HDMI 2.1, I should be able to send a 4k 120hz signal. However 120hz support is only available for 1440p resolution, and only 60hz is available for 4k. This is the case for both Wayland and Xorg.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- GPU: RX 6800 XT (2f:00.0 VGA compatible controller : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device [1002:73bf] (rev c1))
- System Memory:
- Display(s): LG B9 55"
- Type of Display Connection: HDMI 2.1
- Distro name and Version: Arch Linux
- Kernel version: 5.10.2, 5.11-rc1 (I checked to see if this was fixed on 5.11rc1 (it isn't), but attached logs are for 5.10.2)
- AMD package version: No package