New shell plugin for single-app usecases
To make life easier for people shipping embedded devices, and reduce the proliferation of
desktop-shell hacks, it would be great to have a single-purpose shell which would pretty much just run a single client.
This shell would:
- offer no UI, chrome, decor, or furniture, of any kind
- start a single client named in the config file, either restarting it or shutting down when the client went away
- make all top-level surfaces fullscreen
- attach dialogs to their parents
- raise and focus any new top-level/dialog surface created
- support click⁰-to-move and click-to-raise
I don't think it needs much anything more complex than that.
This would also serve as a useful example of how to drive Weston's window management.
⁰: 'Click' means both pointer buttons as well as touch.