This is a bugfix release that is API and ABI compatible with previous 0.3.x releases.
- Add pw-reserve tool to reserve or monitor a device on DBus.
- Install spa-resample, a tool to resample a file.
- Install spa-acp-tool, a tool to inspect the card profile.
- Various fixes and improvements
- Fix a bug in pw-stream where a capture stream could run out of buffers and become silent.
- Rework the processing loops in the adapter and stream. There is now less latency in PulseAudio and ALSA layers.
Session manager improvements
- Improve the device reservation code. We now try to acquire the device using the dbus device reservation API before we probe the device. This avoids conflicts with a running PulseAudio where devices would disappear (because they were locked by the other process).
- Don't fail on invalid input from the config files.
- Audio devices now have the same name as what PulseAudio would assign.
- v4l2: try to use the format before enumerating the size and framerate. Some drivers don't check the format and might now work better.
- v4l2: Fall back to MMAP when EXPBUF fails. Fix MMAP access, just export the fd and the mapoffset. This should make more devices work.
- Fix crash in ALSA Card Profile (ACP) code.
- ACP: fix selection of default profile. Prefer any possibly available profile over 'Off'. This makes some card at least start with something.
- Fix soft volume. After setting the volume to 0, it would stay at 0 until pushed over the max volume. This should fix various volume related issues.
PulseAudio layer improvements
- Rework the buffering and latency measurements and tweak the buffer attributes. This should make browsers and media players work better. This should also improve speechd performance.
JACK layer improvements
- Fix compilation against newer JACK.