Update: (only after overnight hibernation) :: No sound on external USB audio device after hibernation, but still sound with internal HDA
UPDATE:: Time of hibernation seems to have an effect. The error below occurs overnight and without attached network. I've put the laptop now for 1 minute to hibernation. No sound problems occured. May give an update tomorrow.
Version, Distribution, Desktop Environment: pipewire 0.3.23, Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.23 Linked with libpipewire 0.3.23, Archlinux - Linux 5.11.6-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT, Plasma
- I've purged plasma-pa, pavucontrol, pavucontrol-qt. Because I had similar issues after the user session was locked. This problem has gone now. Below is an hibernation issue which affects ALSA.
- Started Chromium with
PIPEWIRE_DEBUG=3 pw-jack chromium
- Started a video with
PIPEWIRE_DEBUG=3 mplayer video.mp4# without pw-jack
Description of Problem:
STATUS: Laptop is hibernated.
- Powering on the USB sound device.
- Coming back from hibernation.
- Tries to watch the mplayer-video where I have stopped yesterday.
- Sound was coming out from the internal HDA laptop speakers.
- systemctl --user restart pipewire-media-session.service
- Sound has stopped in mplayer.
- Playing has stopped too.
- systemctl --user restart pipewire.service
- Opening YouTube in Chromium.
- Playing a video.
- I do have sound with my external USB device. cool.
- Switching to mplayer video: Still nothing happens when trying to play back the video. Still freezed.
- Closed mplayer.
- Opened mplayer with: PIPEWIRE_DEBUG=3 mplayer $VIDEO.mp4
- Yes. I do have sound with the external USB sound device.
See problem description.
Steps to Reproduce:
See problem description
The external USB sound devices plays sound in Chromium after restarting PW services and plays sound after initializing a new mplayer session in the CLI. See pre-conditions at the Top.
Having sound in ALSA video player 'mplayer' after hibernation.