gnome-shell screencast (screen recording) produces broken video file
- PipeWire version (
pipewire Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.52 Linked with libpipewire 0.3.52
- Distribution and distribution version (
PRETTY_NAME="Fedora Linux 36.20220617.0 (Silverblue)"
- Desktop Environment:
- Kernel version (
Description of Problem:
gnome-shell has a screencast feature that allows you to record your screen. the 0.3.52 update to pipewire however causes the recording to fail by producing broken video files where no recording happens.
always reproducible every screen recording attempt creates an unrecorded broken video file.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Make sure you have applied latest Fedora Linux updates (that has pipewire 0.3.52 on stable)
- Use the built-in gnome-shell screencasting feature (press printscreen button and select video recording)
- Start to record, open some apps etc. and stop recording
- Try to play the recorded file and see nothing is recorded and a broken file is produced
No screen recording is happening and produces broken video file
A successful screen recording happening and a playable video file
Additional Info (as attachments):
It only happens on pipewire 0.3.52 I downgraded to 0.3.51 and confirm everything works there.