This MR enables the
vive driver to use the SLAM tracker. Tested with a Valve Index and Basalt.
There are still many problems as pointed out in the TODOs from my working branch but it is probably a good idea to upstream this nonetheless.
Some of the key issues are:
- Either the factory calibration is wrong or I was unable to do the proper conversion to OpenXR coordinates. As such you will need to manually calibrate your headset with Basalt. As a starting point there is an example calibration you can use.
- The v4l2-vive-lighthouse builder architecture is suboptimal, to say the least. I tried to follow how the WMR does it as much as I could, but having the camera stream in the v4l2 driver separate from the vive driver is annoying.
- The performance impact of the frame copies that occur in Basalt are now more noticeable because the Index stream bigger images and more frequently compared to WMR.
- There is no IMU to middle-of-eyes correction, which is particularly noticeable for the Index.
- I suspect sample timestamps are slightly off for some reason because Basalt features flicker quite a bit compared to other devices.
Having said all of this, it works, but keep in mind that it is in an early stage.