ACO: A New Compiler for RADV
ACO (short for AMD Compiler) is a new compiler backend with the goal to replace LLVM for Radeon hardware for the RADV driver.
ACO currently supports only VS, PS and CS on VI and Vega. Note that there are some optimizations missing because of unmerged NIR changes which may decrease performance.
Full commit history can be found at https://github.com/daniel-schuermann/mesa/commits/backend
- Co-authored-by: Daniel Schürmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-authored-by: Rhys Perry email@example.com (The second main author)
- Co-authored-by: Bas Nieuwenhuizen firstname.lastname@example.org (Initial setup and interface)
- Co-authored-by: Connor Abbott email@example.com (Initial shader_ballot implementation)
- Co-authored-by: Michael Schellenberger Costa firstname.lastname@example.org (Refactoring with modern C++)
- Co-authored-by: Timur Kristóf email@example.com (Initial Navi bits, more to come...)
As experimental feature development will continue out-of-tree on the master branch (at least for a while), for best performance, bug reports and requests, please refer to https://github.com/daniel-schuermann/mesa