[GEN8+] 1-2% perf drop in SynMark2 OglPSPom
Submitted by Eero Tamminen
Assigned to Intel 3D Bugs Mailing List
- Ubuntu 18.04 with Unity/compiz
- v4.19+ drm-tip kernel & git version of Xserver
- Mesa git version
- BSW/BDW/BXT/SKL/KBL/CFL HW
- FullHD monitor
- SynMark2 v7 OglPSPom test in FullHD fullscreen
Performance of that has dropped by 1-2% on all GEN8+ platforms between following Mesa commits:
- 2019-02-01 17:34:02 ab940b0d: spirv: Support LocalSizeId and LocalSizeHintId execution modes
- 2019-02-02 14:42:14 0aa5a97b: relnotes: Add VK_EXT_buffer_device_address
There was no perf drop on SNB/HSW, or in other benchmarks I'm running.
Wontfixing this is fine, but I think somebody should bisect it first.