USB Type-C monitor flashes once when play a video file after unplug and re-plug the monitor
Submitted by Chintan Patel
Assigned to Intel GFX Bugs mailing list
Created attachment 144604
dmesg logs on Chromebook with drm-tip logs enabled with 0x1e
Steps to reproduce this issue:
- Boot chromebook/Ubuntu 16.04 to OS.
- Connect type-c cable to laptop.
- Plug DP to MST Display
- Switch sound output to speaker.
- Play a local video or music (not suggested Youtube). OR "speaker_test" from command line
- Close the player.
- Unplug type-c cable then plug cable in about 5~10s.
- Play a local video or music again.
- MST monitor will flash once when playing multimedia. <------issue
Steps to reproduce on Ubuntu 16.04 OS:
1. Boot Ubuntu OS
2. Connect Display with Solomon Dock
3. Make sure to select HDMI from audio settings ==> Check if issue happens??
4. Play video ==> Check if issue happens??
Issue happens on KBL/WHL as well as with SST monitor, although reproduction rate is low. High reproduction rate(90%) if done using S2718D and Solomon dock.
Issue happens with drm-tip SH1 034e3ac6a2d1 also.
Attaching the logs with Chrome OS Kernel as well as with drm-tip.
**Attachment 144604**, "dmesg logs on Chromebook with drm-tip logs enabled with 0x1e":
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information