Crash with amdgpu and kernel 5.15+
Brief summary of the problem:
When booting up the whole system runs into a black screen, is not responsive and can't be accessed. Initially I can see the bootloader and enter my LUKS password. once the system boots and starts to initialise the gpu, everything turns dark and monitors say "No signal". Accessing the system from outside is impossible. No network connection available, switching to a console doesn'T work system appears "dead".
If I turn off the monitors to my left and right and only use the center one, system boots up and starts sddm (Xorg) with no issues. When SDDM is loaded, I can turn the other monitors back on. they are recognized and work normally.
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz
- GPU: Navi 10 [Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 XT] [1002:731F] (It's a 5700XT)
- System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200
- Display(s): See "Setup"
- Type of Display Connection: See "Setup"
- Distro name and Version: Arch Linux
- Kernel version: 5.16.0-arch1-1
- Custom kernel: N/A
- AMD official driver version: OSS drivers/Mesa (21.3.4-1)
3 Monitor Setup:
- Left monitor: MSI MAG274QRF-QD rotated, 1440x2560@165Hz connected via Display Port 1.4
- Middle Monitor: MSI MEG381CQR, regular, 3840x1600@85Hz connected via DP1.4(GPU) to HDMI 2.1 (Monitor)
- Right Monitor: MSI MAG274QRF-QD regular, 2560x1440@144Hz connected via HDMI 2.1
How to reproduce the issue:
Rebooting the PC without turning off the Monitors.
Can't be taken
Log files (for system lockups / game freezes / crashes)
- Dmesg log (full log)
- Xorg log -.- Any other log
recoverable logs are attached.