5.11 frozen screen after suspend - renoir
Brief summary of the problem:
Laptop with renoir GPU fails to return to a functional state after upgrading to Linux 5.11.
Device is a Lenovo Ideapad 14are05 (Australian Model)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800U
- GPU: Integrated GPU on CPU - set to 2GB VRAM
- System Memory: 16GB DDR4 SODIMM
- Display(s): Inbuilt Laptop Display
- Type of Diplay Connection: eDP
- Distro name and Version: Arch Linux - Up to Date
- Kernel version: 5.11.arch2 and 5.11.zen2 (both exhibit same issue)
- Custom kernel: N/A
- AMD package version: No package
How to reproduce the issue:
- Any suspend action causes the display to fail to recover after coming back out of suspend.
- Reverting to 5.10 fixes the issue.
- There is visual corruption and unresponsiveness in wayland and swapping TTY does not help the issue.
- The display can be recovered by
cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_gpu_recover, swapping to another tty, killing sway, and then restarting.
- There are a series of
Fence fallback timer expired on ring sdma0errors, as well as other errors on boot. See the attached file for
- Plugging in another monitor to HDMI makes no difference.
- The issue happens every single time suspend occurs.
I've attached both a filtered log for just amdgpu/drm and a full log of a single boot.
Also exhibits the same warnings/errors as #1488