Freeze on kernel 5.7.6 when playing any game, or videoplayback
Brief summary of the problem:
After upgrading to kernel 5.7.6-arch1-1, the system randomly freezes after a couple of minutes playing games, or watching video. Nothing is in the logfiles, so I guess this is a hard lock-up. Seems to be related to GPU, because it only happens with games running, or playing video.
- CPU: Ryzen 3800X
- GPU: Radeon 5700XT
- System Memory: 32GB
- Display(s): Unknown HP 27 Curved CNC8441FXM
- Type of Diplay Connection: DP
- Distro name and Version: Archlinux(rolling)
- Kernel version: 5.7.6-arch1-1
How to reproduce the issue:
- Launch any game under 5.7.6-arch1-1 (I tried many, all crash within 1-5 minutes).
- Launch firefox and play videos on youtube (also crashes within 1-5 minutes). Downgrade to kernel 5.7.5-arch1-1 solves the issue.
I can not get any log files. The system completely freezes, even Sysrq does not work. Nothing in the logs either.