The controller bindings can be found here. You can customize them with the SteamVR bindings UI.
Knuckles / Vive Index Controller
General Notes about Controller Input
Scaleactions are executed while a window is being grabbed.
- Each controller can independently grab and
Scaleonly work on the window that is being grabbed by the same controller.
- Keyboard input is sent to the window that is being pointed at by the controller that executes the
Open Keyboardaction. It is not necessary to grab a window to open the keyboard. The keyboard's location in space is determined by SteamVR; the location where the keyboard appears can generally be influenced by the view direction of the HMD.
- The menu can only be opened by pressing
Toggle Menuby a controller that does not currently point at a window. We are looking to find better ways to open the menu (gestures, ...). The
UI Clickaction refers to pressing buttons in this menu.
- If only one controller is active, the menu will appear in a window which is head tracked and always stays in the view of the HMD. If two or more controllers are active, the menu will be attached to the controller that executed the
Toggle Menuaction, and has to be used with the other controller(s).
- For 2D input, only one controller can produce mouse movement and clicks at the same time; the controller currently used for mouse input is indicated by this controller controlling the mouse pointer. Pressing
Left Clickwith another controller will switch control over the mouse pointer to this controller. Pressing
Left Clickto switch control over the cursor to another controller will not generate an actual left click for the window.