XWayland windows are completely transparent on Wayland sessions on ARM64
- Hardware: Pinebook Pro
- CPU: Rockchip RK3399 (ARM64)
- Operating system: Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation edition)
- Linux Kernel version: 5.15.5-1 aarch64
- Graphic driver: Mesa Panfrost
- Mesa version: 21.3.1
- XWayland version: 21.1.3
Whenever I open a X11 application on a wayland based session (with XWayland enabled), the window are not drawn to the screen, but the window manager behaves as if the window were there. Example: There is a close button on Gnome Shell overview, but there is no visible window.
Most of the time, X11 windows are completely transparent, but sometimes there is just a black rectangle where the window should be drawn. Also, sometimes the window contents are correctly drawn to the screen, but it gets garbled when I try to interact with the application, an also won't respond when I try to resize the window.
Wayland compositors in which I have seen this behavior:
- Gnome 41 on Wayland
X applications in which I have seen this behavior:
- Dia (Diagram editor)
- Xfe (File manager)
- SDL based games and applications when SDL_VIDEODRIVER is not set to wayland