Document/Support alternative to NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS
TL;DR: Discussion here
Here's the issue, which has been popping up in different places throughout the internet for a couple years now:
- freerdp uses _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS to connect multiple monitors to a single RDP session
- _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS is a Xinerama thing
- i3 (and I think other window managers, although I haven't found for sure) don't support/use Xinerama / _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS
- i3 doesn't support freerdp multiple monitor RDP session
I bumped into this a while ago, and very slowly gathered a small picture of the issue... Basically, what's the RandR alternative to _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS?
In general, I would research something myself before opening an issue. In this case I haven't, because
- Anything I find is totally out of my field of knowledge, so I can't properly synthesize it into information constructive to the discussion, or even know if I'm looking at something relevant
- Freerdp and i3 are both excellent, up to date, well maintained projects with very capable maintainers (In a discussion, a freerdp maintainer tried pulling in a stackoverflow answer, but the answer to the question had been from the i3 maintainer!), and I'm sure they have tried to find a solution.
- This is a feature request
- Just a documentation issue, and docs can be updated, as well as the thread answered.
Note that GTK also only supports requesting full screen across all monitors if Xinerama is active.