[NV96] [bisected] DisplayPort dual-head fails to switch to KMS
Submitted by Devin J. Pohly
Assigned to Nouveau Project
Created attachment 77445
systemd journal with kernel messages
Hardware: NVIDIA Corporation G96 [Quadro FX 580] (rev a1)
Distro: Arch Linux
Bisected commit: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/commit/?id=2c1a425e7d537ea655fa276f267c0b1cd100ff34
Steps to reproduce:
- Boot system into text mode with normal kernel parameters.
- Wait for module to load and attempt KMS.
3. KMS succeeds, login prompt appears.
3. System locks up and monitors go into power-saving mode.
* With nouveau.modeset=0, system boots normally.
* Was able to use SysRq to sync disks after hang but could not ssh, ping, or reboot.
* Regression still present in current nvidia-git (db1b0f52) as well as kernel.org git.
* nvidia module is not installed.
lspci.log and vbios.rom forthcoming.
~~**Attachment 77445**~~, "systemd journal with kernel messages":