XWayland windows not shown in Weston
Weston is running with desktop-shell and Xwayland enabled. When launching certain applications (mostly GTK2 and GTK3 applications, i noticed), the window usually never appears. Only after killing and restarting the application multiple times will there be a random chance of the window showing up.
- Firefox under XWayland never draws its window in Weston even after multiple launches from the command line. Only random chance of working.
- Behavior observed on pop-up windows as well, including notification windows and file manager windows for selection of files for uploading. Causes Firefox to become unresponsive as it is still waiting for input on the missing window.
- Situation is extremely bad under Weston 3.0 bundled with OpenSUSE 15.0 Leap: Firefox only launches correctly in about 1 of more than 10 tries.
- Same issues as Firefox: Thunderbird under XWayland never reliably draws its window in Weston even after multiple launches from the command line. Only random chance of working.
- Log-in prompts for email accounts when retrieving or sending emails are missing approx 90% of the time but Thunderbird and xprop indicates that they are present. Again, causes Thunderbird to become unresponsive and ignore mouse/keyboard event as it is sill waiting for input on the phantom window.
- Present in both Weston 1.8.0 in Ubuntu 15.10 and Weston 3.0 in OpenSUSE 15.0 Leap, but is much worse in OpenSUSE.
- Same issues as Firefox and Thunderbird
- Again, situation is extremely bad in Weston 3.0 bundled by OpenSUSE to the point where it is almost not usable
Interestingly, QT4 and QT5 applications do not have this issue under XWayland in Weston.
Any help or advice please?