keyboard grab failed connecting to XQuartz
(moved from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1654637)
When running virt-viewer over ssh -Y from a macOS system running XQuartz, the following message often happens when returning to the virt-viewer after losing focus (switching to another application)
(virt-viewer:4900): GSpice-WARNING **: 11:00:54.712: keyboard grab failed 4
After that message shows up, it's impossible to type anything in the VM, and it is necessary to restart another virt-viewer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
virt-viewer.x86_64 6.0-4.fc28 @updates spice-glib.x86_64 0.35-1.fc28 @updates spice-gtk3.x86_64 0.35-1.fc28 @updates spice-protocol.noarch 0.12.14-2.fc28 @updates spice-server.x86_64 0.14.0-4.fc28 @fedora spice-vdagent.x86_64 0.17.0-6.fc28 @fedora
How reproducible: Always (it may take a few iterations of focus change)
Steps to Reproduce:
- From macOS, connect to a Fedora 28 system with
ssh -Y hostname
- In the resulting shell, use something like
- Check that you can correctly interact with the VM
- Do something else (read mail, watch a web page) so that XQuartz loses focus
- Return to the VM. Try typing something.
- If step 5 works, go back to step 4 and repeat a few times.
- If step 5 fails, you probably have a message like the above on the terminal
Keyboard focus is lost and keyboard interaction with the VM is no longer possible
Interaction with the VM using the keyboard should remain possible.
I've only observed that with XQuartz so far. I will attempt to reproduce from a Wayland or Xorg session, and update this BZ with my findings.