Multimonitor: change of resolution switches previously disabled display (by Display's app) back on
Submitted by Fabiano Fidêncio
Assigned to Spice Bug List
Description of problem: With multimonitor guest running (happens with both Windows and Linux guest), when a display is disconnected through Display's app (or equivalent) and resolution of any other active display is changed (e.g. by resizing a window or by switching to fullscreen), the previously disabled display is switched on again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): Client: virt-viewer-2.0 (also happens with git master) spice-gtk-0.29 (also happens with git master)
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set up a multimonitor guest and run it
- Connect to the VM using remote-viewer
- In the Display settings of guest system activate all displays
- Disable the previously activated displays so that their window stays black and a message "Waiting for display X..." is shown. Do not close this window.
- Change the resolution of any active screen (either by resizing the window or by switching to fullscreen)
Actual results: All previously disabled displays are switched on again.
Expected results: The disabled displays stay disabled even after change of resolution of any other active display.
Additional info: Originally reported by Milan Barta: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=868970