Bluetooth headset pairs but doesn't create audio device
Submitted by Alessandro Crismani
Assigned to pul..@..op.org
I have upgraded to pulseaudio 2.0 through Arch repository and my bluetooth headset is giving me trouble. The headset was working flawlessly before upgrading, I paired it using Gnome Shell's panel and then I could select it as the active sink device in the audio setting.
After upgrading, the audio device is not there anymore, even though the headset is paired (I can play/pause music using the play button on it, but music comes from the laptop as I can't select the headset anymore).
Looking in systemd's journal at first I found hints similar to: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Headset
This parameter has never been necessary on my system, though adding Enabled=Socket now changes things in the log, that reports "Failed to load module-bluetooth-device" several times.
I've tried deleting .pulse and .pulse-cookie and rebooting, without luck.
What is even more strange, is that my headset worked sporadically after removing the paired device from the bluetooth menu, killing the server and repairing the device. This workaround doesn't always do the magic, magic which definitely stops if I reboot.
Reverting to the old pulseaudio gives me my headset back, I can connect it and I'll get the audio device without further trouble.
I am not sure which logs I should provide, but I'll be glad to come back with as many information as you teach me to do :)