pdfsig segfaults when opening a file digitally signed with portablesigner and Acrobat Reader
Originally submitted as a bug to Okular (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=407338), but it seems to be an issue with poppler.
I use the code portablesigner to digitally sign a document, and pdfsig can read the signature no problem (see example sample-sig.pdf attached).
My colleague, who uses ADOBE Acrobat Reader DC Version 2019.010.20099 in a Mac signs the same document, and pdfsig can read the signature no problem (see example sample_victor.pdf attached).
But if he signs the file previously signed by me (so as to have it signed by both of us), then pdfsig segfaults when trying to open the file (see example sample_sig_victor.pdf).
[angelv@bug]$ pdfsig -v pdfsig version 0.76.1
[angelv@bug]$ pdfsig sample_sig_victor.pdf Digital Signature Info of: sample_sig_victor.pdf Signature #1:
- Signer Certificate Common Name: DE VICENTE GARRIDO ANGEL MANUEL - 30660835H
- Signer full Distinguished Name: CN=DE VICENTE GARRIDO ANGEL MANUEL - 30660835H,SN=DE VICENTE GARRIDO,givenName=ANGEL MANUEL,serialNumber=IDCES-30660835H,C=ES
- Signing Time: May 08 2019 12:16:59
- Signing Hash Algorithm: SHA1
- Signature Type: adbe.pkcs7.sha1
- Signed Ranges: [0 - 13426], [18278 - 24071]
- Not total document signed
- Signature Validation: Signature is Valid.
- Certificate Validation: Certificate is Trusted. Segmentation fault (core dumped) [angelv@bug]$