PDF using No Name Type 3 Embedded Font rendering poorly in Evince and Xreader
I have been having poor font rendering on my Verizon bill when I open it in Evince, Xreader, LibreOffice Draw and GIMP. The document renders acceptably when opened in web browsers (Firefox and Chromium) as well as Okular and Master PDF Editor.
My system is Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon. Xreader Version 2.6.4, Evince Version 3.36.7-Oubuntu1.
The following page leads me to believe that this issue should be reported here. GNOME Evince Issues #1512 I did not find that author's report here, so here is mine.
Here is a sample of an offending PDF.Verizon_bill_font.pdf
Counter-clockwise from the top: Vivaldi (Acceptable rendering) Firefox (Acceptable rendering) LibreOffice Draw (Displays as Arial Outline) Xreader (Blurry bold rendering) Evince (Blurry bold rendering) GIMP (Blurry bold rendering)
The "Properties" box is from Evince but the font in question is described as no name, Type 3 and Embedded in each of the programs I have that will give me properties.