PDF's link annotation does not work
The problem is found when using Evince which uses poppler-glib. I tested the problem PDF file with poppler-glib-demo, the link annotations' contents, name, modified fields are empty. In 'Links', when clicking the links found by 'Get Links', I got 'Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()' error messages. The problem does not show up in Okular. So it might be poppler-glib only.
The named destinations' names in the example PDF contain '\0' and other unprintable characters which may be spitted from the software generating the example PDF file by converting from some control sequence such as marks for begin/end of bold style. These names are valid for PDF strings. But it may cause problems in implementations such as using a gchar * pointer. QString or std::string are much more robust, maybe that's why it doesn't show up in Okular and poppler-qt.
A related Evince bug report is at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/issues/1027. It has more details and discussions there.
poppler-glib Version: 0.69.0-2 and 0.41.0-4