0.4.4 regression: Sound disappears when selecting HDMI/DisplayPort output device
- Operating system: Fedora 35 Beta
- Wireplumber version: 0.4.4, installed from wireplumber-0.4.4-1 Fedora update in testing
Pipewire version: 0.3.38, installed from Fedora 35 repositories,
- Computer: Lenovo ThinkPad X230, mini displayport output
- Output device: ** tv Finlux 32FLKR182B, hdmi input (connection through mini displayport - hdmi adapter) ** monitor HP Z27i, displayport input
When output device is set to HDMI / DisplayPort - Built-in audio to direct sound to the tv, sound disappears completely.
As a workaround, hdmi output can be set first, and the sound producing program started afterwards. Then sound works.
The problem is particular to the tv setup as described above. The other output peripheral I have, usb headphones, do not suffer from this problem.
The problem also does not happen if I have both the tv and the headphones connected at the same time.
This is a regression in 0.4.4. 0.4.3 works as expected.
- Open Gnome Settings, Sound tab
- Ensure that Output Device is set to Speakers - Built-in Audio
- Connect hdmi or displayport output device
- Observe that sound output HDMI / DisplayPort - Built-in audio appears, do not select it yet
- Start a program that produces sound, for example Gnome Videos
- Observe that the program appears in Volume Levels list
- Switch sound output to HDMI / DisplayPort
Expected result: Sound output is switched to the hdmi / displayport device.
Actual result: Sound disappears. The audio source program disappears from the list.