Is a new low-level multimedia framework designed from scratch that aims to provide:
- Graph based processing with support for feedback loops and atomic graph updates.
- Flexible and extensible media format negotiation and buffer allocation.
- Support for out-of-process processing graphs with minimal overhead.
- Hard real-time capable plugins.
- Achieve very low-latency for both audio and video processing.
The framework is used to build a modular daemon that can be configured to:
- Be a low-latency audio server with features like PulseAudio and/or JACK
- A video capture server that can manage hardware video capture devices and provide access to them.
- A central hub where video can be made available for other applications such as the Gnome Shell screencast API.