Pipewire fails to properly switch playback device on Firefox
Version, Distribution, Desktop Environment:
- DE: Arch Linux with TKG's
- WM: Fluxbox
- Pirewire version:
pipewire Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.22 Linked with libpipewire 0.3.22
- Pavucontrol version: pavucontrol 4.0
- Firefox version: Mozilla Firefox 85.0.2
Description of Problem: When a video is paused on Firefox, I can switch the audio playback device on pavucontrol just once and then it won't let me do it again until I unpaused and paused the video again. While the video is playing I can switch the playback device all the time just fine which should be the expected behaviour of pipewire when the video is paused too. I have also tried pulsemixer and it has the same issue.
How Reproducible: For me this issue happens all the time in the scenario mentioned above and it also seems to be consistent on my friend's PCs (his pw-dump file: file.txt and he is using NixOS with Linux 5.11.0,i3 , Mozilla Firefox 85.0.2 and Pipewire 0.3.21)
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open a youtube video then pause it;
- Switch the playback device once (for example from your motherboard audio to HDMI audio or anything else);
- When you will try again to switch the playback device you won't be able anymore unless you unpause the video;
Expected Results: On pulseaudio I am able to switch audio playback device all the time with no issues regardless if a video is paused or unpaused.
Additional Info Eg.
pw-dump > file (As Attachment Please):