0.3.18 and master builds are broken on my machine
I was using 0.3.16 almost flawlessly for the past while, then i noticed that i am lagging behind so i decided to update to 0.3.18, however the new version didn't work quite well for me, mainly Volume adjustment is now completely broken.
I am on nixos with pipewire either from the 0.3.18 revision that nixos unstable recently updated to, or my own override that uses a build directly from master both have the same issue.
- alsamixer shows this error sometimes
W][000001657.194345][ctl_pipewire.c:1105 on_core_error()] alsa-plugin 0x1b897c0: error id:5 seq:21 res:-2 (No such file or directory): enum params id:13 (Spa:Enum:ParamId:Route) failed
- alsamixer contrary to 0.3.16 now shsows PipeWire as the default device (before there was no PipeWire device), trying to adjust the volume of that device will result in my Intel PCH (on-board audio) PCM output to arbitrarily set left or right channels to 96 while the other one to 0 or sometimes 20, which ends up in audio coming out from one side of my headphones. Now if i go all the way down to zero on my PipeWire-Master volume it gets stuck there and i can't move it anymore. To get it unstuck i can change the Intel PCH's Master, which causes my PipeWire device to change to 1<>2 or 1 or 4 or some other arbitrary number. But here's where it gets really broken, if i attempt to change the PipeWire device volume now the audio completely blows out (very high volume) and gets distorted.
- Another issue is that now i can no longer even use PIPEWIRE_PROPS="media.type=Audio/Sink" to run an application as a sink
- alsamixer default PipeWire device glitching (as i described above): https://i.imgur.com/VSO2Koq.png
- on-board audio device glitching after changing PipeWire device: https://i.imgur.com/ODq9m7I.png