Audio stutters when using Viper4Linux
- PipeWire version (
pipewire --version): 0.3.42 & also master 8416d66a
- Distribution and distribution version (
/etc/os-release): EndeavourOS (vm) & Debian testing (real hardware) (same behaviour on both)
- Desktop Environment: Xfce and KDE Plasma
- Kernel version (
uname -r): 5.15
Description of Problem:
Hi, when using Viper4Linux for audio processing / effects, there are gaps in audio output which makes it very unpleasant to listen to.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install Viper4Linux and its GUI (on Arch systems, from AUR:
yay -S viper4linux-gui- for other see the repo: https://github.com/Audio4Linux/Viper4Linux-GUI)
- Start viper in command line:
- Launch the Viper4Linux GUI
- Make sure FX is enabled and audio output is going through viper
- Try to not get sad while listening to music
Audio output seems to have some gaps, music 'stutters' in a unpleasant way.
Audio output should be normal without stutters.
Noticed that the viper gst plugin seems to run on fixed 44.1k samplerate, even if everything else is on 48k. Haven't found a way to change this. However when forcing pipewire to run everything else also on 44.1k samplerate (command:
pw-metadata -n settings 0 clock.force-rate 44100) this makes the stutter appear much less. Setting samplerate back to auto or 48k is like a big comeback party for the stuttering.