Bluetooth devices at 44100khz won't work with pipewire system wide default of 48000khz
- PipeWire version (
pipewire --version): 0.3.40
- Distribution and distribution version (
/etc/os-release): Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid
- Desktop Environment: Mate 1.24
- Kernel version (
uname -r): 5.14.17-xanmod1
- BlueZ version (
bluetoothctl --version): 5.61
- Bluetooth devices: Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0cf3:e300 Qualcomm Atheros Communications QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.0
paste the output of "bluetoothctl devices" here
Device 00:42:79:27:ED:85 HK Onyx Studio 5
Description of Problem:
When connecting to a Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio 5 Speaker the speaker only supports 44100KHz audio and the system defaults keep resetting/setting to 48000KHz. When trying to play playback freezes in all players and no sound is heard.
Pair Onyx Studio 5 speaker to Pipewire Audio without modifying any configuration files for Pipewire and try to play music.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install Pipewire default configuration (48000KHz audio).
- Pair Bluetooth speaker to PC/Laptop.
- Play music in Audacious, Chrome Web Browser, any commandline/desktop Audio application.
No Audio playback/Error messages on console/Applications immediately stop playing audio.
Set System default audio to 44100KHz in /etc/pipewire/pipewire.conf under default.clock.rate = 44100