pipewire pulse crash with loopback and Discord
- PipeWire & PipeWire-Pulse version: Linked and Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.38 (from the repos) Also tested with current master; commit: 31f38786 (libpipewire 0.3.39)
- Wireplumber: From git; commit 51713d309a08d1040d883a226d0f82a832c7eb2d
- Distribution and distribution version: Fedora 34 (KDE Plasma)
- Desktop Environment: KDE Plasma 5.22.5
- Kernel version: 5.14.10-200.fc34.x86_64
Description of Problem:
pipewire-pulse crashes when connecting a electron webrtc audio input (in my case Discord) with the monitor output of a loopback input. And connecting a input to the loopback afterwards.
It seems like not all sources lead to a crash. Firefox output seems to be the most reliable source for a crash.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a loopback device my configuration of wireplumber is posted as attachment.
- Set the default input of the system to the loopback ("MTrack input 1" in my case)
- Open Discord and set the input to "Default: " ("Default: MTrack input 1" in my case) there are two options with similar names however I mostly had issues when using the "Default: " prefix.
- In helvum connect a Firefox output to the loopback input (Screenshot as attachment with the connection that leads to a crash drawn in in red!
In many cases this will lead to all pulse clients disconnecting and the pipewire-pulse service will restart. Trace appears in "journalctl --user-unit=pipewire-pulse.service" (Output added to attachment)