Behringer UMC1820 output keeps being muted after trying to adjust volume
If you are filing this issue with a regular release please try master as it might already be fixed.
Version, Distribution, Desktop Environment:
- Pipewire version: 0.3.34, using pipewire-pulse, pipewire-alsa, and pipewire-jack(-dropin) as well as with the current -git versions of the same/related packages
- Arch Linux, kept up to date
- KDE Plasma 5.22.5
Description of Problem: Hi everyone!
I am using the Behringer UMC1820 audio interface. Using PulseAudio and JACK2 everything works fine but with PipeWire the output volume is being muted for no reason if I want to set the volume via means other than setting the volume absolutely e.g. via dragging the dial in pavucontrol/kmix or using "pactl set-sink-volume" with absolute volumes. When using the volume up/down/mute buttons on my keyboard (which are mapped to the respective functions in kmix) the volume instantly gets muted and I have to reset the volume manually again to have working audio
- Everytime the volume is set "relatively"
- Volume stays at its value when setting volume "absolutely", but it's always reported as 0%
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set UMC1820 as default device, play music and have e.g. pavucontrol open
- Set volume absolutely: either pactl set-sink-volume alsa_output.usb-BEHRINGER_UMC1820_6A7CDD33-00.multichannel-output 80% (different values possible) or use pavucontrol/kmix to drag the dial where it should be
- Set volume relatively: pactl set-sink-volume alsa_output.usb-BEHRINGER_UMC1820_6A7CDD33-00.multichannel-output +20%
- Use keyboard buttons to turn up or down the volume
- Do the steps 2 to 4 with a different sink device
Actual Results: for 2: Music volume as would be expected, volume gets reported as 0% in pavucontrol. for 3: Volume stays the same, volume still reported as 0%. for 4: Music muted again, volume still reported as 0%. for 5: Other devices behave as expected.
Expected Results: for 2: Volume as heard and as reported should be at the given number. for 3: Volume as heard and as reported should increase/decrease by the given number. for 4: Volume as heard and as reported should increase and decrease with the set increment/decrement.
Additional Info Eg.
pw-dump -N > file (As Attachment Please):
- pw-dump -N > pw-dump: pw-dump
- pw-mon >pw-mon 2>&1: pw-mon (did various volume adjustments while letting this run)
- sudo lsusb -vv (only containing the device in question): lsusb
If you need additional information, please let me know.
Kind regards, Dominic