SBC XQ no longer works after update from 0.3.30-1 to 0.3.31-1
First of all thanks everyone for this wonderful software.
This is my second time posting here, on the same subject of SBC XQ.
Versions, Distribution, Desktop Environment:
❯ pipewire --version pipewire Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.31 Linked with libpipewire 0.3.31
❯ bluetoothctl --version bluetoothctl: 5.60
❯ uname -a Linux computer 5.10.49-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 11 12:59:43 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
❯ gnome-shell --version GNOME Shell 40.3
Description of Problem:
After the following pipewire upgrade, my Bose headphones do not connect in SBC XQ:
To upgrade (6): pipewire 1:0.3.31-1 (1:0.3.30-1) extra pipewire-media-session 1:0.3.31-1 (1:0.3.30-1) extra pipewire-alsa 1:0.3.31-1 (1:0.3.30-1) extra pipewire-docs 1:0.3.31-1 (1:0.3.30-1) extra pipewire-jack 1:0.3.31-1 (1:0.3.30-1) extra pipewire-pulse 1:0.3.31-1 (1:0.3.30-1) extra
Manjaro recently upgraded bluez from 5.58 to 5.60 and pipewire from 3.30.1 to 3.31.1 alongside latest kernel updates and various packages, and this issue appeared.
Initially thought this was an issue with bluez.
Since my system is running zfs, rolled back, upgraded manjaro packages excluding bluez and pipewire. SBC-XQ worked.
Then upgraded Pipewire only to 3.31, leaving bluez intact: SBC XQ not working.
Then downgraded Pipewire, SBC XQ was working fine.
Then upgraded bluez to 5.60, the issue did not appear, SBC XQ was working fine.
Then upgraded Pipewire to 3.31 again, the issue reappeared.
This is why I chose to file a bug report here instead of filing it with the Bluez team. Hope I am not mistaken
Always on my system. I did a couple of retries. I also tried to remove /var/lib/bluetooth and redo the pairing at various steps, did not change the results.
Steps to Reproduce:
Pair and connect Bose 700 or similar headphones with SBC XQ mode using pipewire 3.30.1 Then upgrade to pipewire 3.31.1 --->> SBC XQ is no longer working.
Actual Results: SBC XQ is no longer working. AAC and HSP/HFP do work.
Expected Results: SBC XQ is working.
Workaround: Reverting to Pipewire 3.30 for the time being
I am attaching the following logs:
btmon showing working connection with SBC XQ with bluez 5.60 installed and pipewire 3.30.1
btmon showing failed connection with SBC XQ with bluez 5.60 installed and pipewire 3.31.1
In my pipewire settings AAC and regular SBC is disabled, so in this log it only connects in HSP/HFP instead of reverting to AAC. The Bose headphones do not support LDAC or AptX. Please note I did manage to connect in AAC with pipewire 31.1 in a previous attempt.
journal grep bluetooth before and after upgrade @ 17:41:53
Detailed pw logs (level 5)