[GEN7] 10-20% drop in SynMark terrain tests perf, 4% drop in Manhattan 3.0 perf
Submitted by Eero Tamminen
Assigned to Intel 3D Bugs Mailing List
On HSW GT2, performance dropped in following tests:
- 10-20% in 4 SynMark2 v7 Terrain tests
- 4% in GfxBench Manhattan 3.0
- 2% in GfxBench T-Rex
- 1-2% in GfxBench CarChase
GfxBench tests perf drop both for onscreen & offscreen versions.
Similar, but much smaller drops are visible also on BYT. I don't see drops in these cases on SNB or GEN8+ platforms, so it seems GEN7 specific.
This drop happens between following commits:
- Good: 7f3eab03 2017-10-02 freedreno/a5xx: fix missing restore state
- Bad: df6b320a 2017-10-03 etnaviv: Set up unknown GC3000 states
Looking at the commits between this range, one of following changes could be the cause for the drop:
- intel: Always set Cube Face Enables for all surfaces.
- refactor for: i965: Implement ARB_indirect_parameters
- glsl refactor done by Ian
Hopefully somebody has time to bisect this further.