Visual Novel "The Fruit of Grisaia" has flickering glitches
Submitted by Fabian Maurer
Assigned to Default DRI bug account
Created attachment 142757 Screenshot showing a glitch
This is a bug about a game run in wine. I've already submitted a wine bug, but after a lot of testing I assume it's more likely a mesa bug.
When played, the game as flickering/glitches where sometimes an old scene is partially shown over the current scene.
What I found out so far:
- apitrace always plays back perfectly fine
- "LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 wine grisaia" makes the issue disappear.
- slowing wine down with "WINEDEBUG=+relay" log spam makes the issue disappear
- "vblank_mode=0" makes the issue disappear (when not in fullscreen)
- LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 makes the issue go away
- usage of gallium nine makes the issue disappear
As I said, not sure where the fault is, but I can provide more information if needed.
There's also a demo if you want to reproduce yourself: http://suezou.dyndns.org/dl2010/frontwing/gurizaia/Grisaia_trial_web.zip (700MB and might take a while to download)
Guide to test: 0) Get the demo
- Click through the installation. It installs to "C:\frontwing\SomeJapaneseFolder"
- run wine "Grisaia", it opens a dialog where you should click the right option (windowed mode)
- in the main menu click the first option, and then any of the scenes you can select.
- Press left-ctrl to fast-forward or the mouse to advance
- Screen tearing is pretty obvious (see attachments)
System the bug was tested on:
- Arch Linux 64bit
- Linux 4.19.08, AMDGPU driver
- Mesa 17.2.0-devel (git-ccf9669c) / Mesa 17.0.5
- Radeon R9 285
- KDE Plasma 5 with OpenGL compositor and regular X session