i965: Restyling to "brw_" instead of "intel_" for i965-specific code
Way back in the day, i965, i915, and even i830 all shared some code. We used the prefix "intel_" on code common to all three drivers, while most i965 code was prefixed "brw_" (in reference to the original Broadwater GPU that driver was built for). This made a lot of sense. Later on, however, we forked i915 and i965 off from one another, copy and pasting the code in each, and diverging it in both places. We kept the "intel_" name because, let's face it, renames can be a pain.
This series does a bunch of restyling on i965:
- Fixes a typo
intel_*structures and functions to
- Drops a bunch of legacy camel-case names (hasn't been our style in years)
- Drops a bunch of tab-based indents (hasn't been our style in years)
- Files are still named
intel_*.[ch]for now...I can change that in a follow up if people want to.
In my mind, this is good for consistency, as we're settling on one prefix for i965-specific code, rather than having an arbitrary mishmash, and also updating to our current style. This also paves the way for a potential future change: these days, we have new common code in
src/intel which is shared across anv, iris, and i965. It would make sense to use "intel_" for such common code, like we did in the old days. We had avoided doing that because a bunch of i965 code used the "intel_" prefix despite it not being shared code.
Yes, this will make stable branches hell for a bit. Fortunately, work on i965 has slowed down a lot...