The idea started in MR !1914 (merged) that we should check that
Fixes: abcdef1234 ("commit title") should be formatted correctly.
I also added commented out code to enforce code style, but I realize that might be an impossible task as we don't have a single coding style across mesa.
So far, the checks are:
commit hash exists and is unique
commit hash is long enough to reasonably avoid future collisions (10 chars as of today)
commit title is included after the hash so that humans can know what commit it is without having to look it up
code style matches what
clang-formatdoes (most likely won't do that in this MR)
Suggestion for other things to check are welcome :)
Working on this as an active MR because
$CI_MERGE_REQUEST_TARGET_BRANCH_NAME are "Available only if only: [merge_requests] is used and the merge request is created.", and I couldn't find any other way to get the list of commits in the MR. Any suggestion welcome