GPU lock when using "Death Dance" in Tales of Maj'Eyal
Submitted by TheLetterN
Assigned to Default DRI bug account
Created attachment 104850 dmesg showing GPU lock
Symptoms: GPU locks and attempts to recover (screen goes black) and locks again upon recovery. Any further attempt to use X11 (even restarting it) locks the GPU, and system must be rebooted to use X11 again.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.2.3 full for Linux 64-bit - http://te4.org/download
- Extract the game to a convenient location.
- Run the t-engine binary from the base game directory, then exit the game.
- Download a gzip of a character I created - - and extract to: ~/.t-engine/4.0/tome/save/
- Run t-engine again, load the save game "Pennies".
- Use the ability "Death Dance" in game.
(If for some reason my save won't work, you need to create a Berserker class character in-game, get it to level 8 and 28 strength, and unlock Death Dance.)
use different window manager/DE - Failed, bug is reproducible in KDE4, KDE5, Awesome, and Enlightenment 18 pass radeon.audio=0 to kernel command line at boot - Failed, no effect pass radeon.dpm=0 to kernel - Failed, screen now stays black after GPU lock
Note: this bug may be related to other GPU locks I've been experiencing with Mesa 10.2.x, but this is the only repeatable instance of it so far.
Attachment 104850, "dmesg showing GPU lock":