X-Plane no longer starts after updating to Fedora 34 (mesa 21.2.0-2)
First of all, I am not sure I post this on the right place. Sorry if it is the case, I'm quite a newbie managing mesa.
- OS: Fedora 34
- GPU: AMD Ellesmere (RX 570)
- Kernel version: 5.11.16
- Mesa version: OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 21.2.0-devel
- Xserver version (if applicable): 1.20.11-1.fc34 (+Wayland)
- Desktop manager and compositor:Mutter 40.0-5.fc34 + GNOME 40.1.1-1.fc34
Describe the issue
Starting X-Plane 11.53 (OpenCL) or the installer does not produce anything, nothing happens. If I start it from a terminal, this message appears :
Whoah -- no matter how hard I tried, I failed to get a GLX visual. Something's seriously wonky on your machine.
and that's all.
It worked perfectly with Fedora 33, problems happened after upgrading to Fedora 34. Though, just after installing Fedora 34, it did not work with Wayland but worked with X.org.
I asked for help on the French Fedora forums, a contributor advised me to install the development version of Mesa (which I did) Since then, X-Plane does not start on X.org either. This contributor advised me then to post a bug report here. (Link to the forum thread, in french : https://forums.fedora-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=72488
Log files as attachment
- Output of
dmesg: nothing appears
- Backtrace : I don't know how to it :/
- Gpu hang details : I don't know how to it :/