[AMDGPU NAVI 5700xt] Large parts of the Blender viewport does not render correctly if an object with hair is moved.
Hello! Blender developer here.
We have run into an issue that we think are mesa related. This is because we can't reproduce this issue with the AMD Pro driver or with any Nvidia GPU (running the closed source nvidia drivers).
We tried this on my machine with the latest mesa master and on a ubuntu 18.04 machine. Both had the same issue. (Here is the ticket on our tracker if anyone is interested: https://developer.blender.org/T76389)
However, I do realize that this might be an issue on our side as well. But so far we haven't managed to figure out what if that is the case.
- OS: Gentoo/Linux
- GPU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 10 [Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 XT] (rev c1)
- Kernel version: 5.6.10-gentoo
- Mesa version: OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 20.2.0-devel (git-9c839e63)
- Xserver version (if applicable): 184.108.40.206
- Desktop manager and compositor: Sway
Describe the issue
When opening a scene in blender with hair, 3/4 of the viewport will not render correctly when the hair object has moved:
To reproduce this you can download the latest version of blender here: https://builder.blender.org/download/
Open the following file: hair_render_glitch.blend
Press "g" and notice the 3/4 of the viewport is now grey.
This clears up when moving around or rotating the view.
If there is anything you guys want me to try out, just ask.