radeon-rewrite: errors reported with a r500 x1600
Submitted by Javier Marcet
Assigned to Default DRI bug account
This is using branch 'radeon-rewrite', last commit I tried was 13e0ff0d, and coupled with Jerome Glisse's git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~glisse/xf86-video-ati branch 'radeon-gem-cs3', otherwist xorg wouldn't start, neither with dri1 or dri2.
When using DRI2/KMS, I get the following messages on kdm.log and an unbearably slow X:
naming 872 with 44 naming attemp 872 naming 870 with 43 naming attemp 870 naming 6021 with 42 naming attemp 6021 naming 828 with 41 ...
a few commits before X was not that slow, there were some lockups but it was usable.
On the other hand, when using DRI1, without KMS, I get the these errors:
CS section size missmatch start at (r300_cmdbuf.c,emit_tex_offsets,182) 4 vs 2 CS section end at (r300_cmdbuf.c,emit_tex_offsets,202)
These have been there for as long as I have tried readeon-rewrite.
On both settings, the system is so unusable that I couldn't even file this bug report until I got back to a stable system (mesa-7.5_rc1 and xf86-video-ati from master head minus a few commits right now).
There is another issue with Jerome's ati driver which I'll file later, regarding texture video.
Thanks for your work ;)