The GPU Vega 56 was hang while try to pass #GraphicsFuzz shader15 test
Submitted by Mikhail Gavrilov
Assigned to Default DRI bug account
- install Fedora 27. https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/27/Workstation/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-27-1.6.iso
- install latest MESA and LLVM https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/che/mesa/
- build and install staging kernel with latest amdgpu driver $ git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux --branch amd-staging-drm-next $ cd linux $ make clean && make bzImage && make module
make modules_install && make install
- Launch any browser (I checked on Firefox and Opera)
- Open http://www.graphicsfuzz.com/benchmark/android-v1.html
- Press Go
- Wait when reached shader15 test
- The system stop to respod.
- All the LEDs on the video card showing the load start to glow.
- The turbine on the video card starts to make a lot of noise.
In dmesg appears follow lines: [drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] ERROR ring gfx timeout, last signaled seq=71473, last emitted seq=71475 [drm] No hardware hang detected. Did some blocks stall?
If you are used Opera browser before would be added follow lines: [drm:gfx_v9_0_priv_reg_irq [amdgpu]] ERROR Illegal register access in command stream [drm] No hardware hang detected. Did some blocks stall?