Word-dragging-selection often failing when using tap-to-click on a touchpad
Of the following selection methods:
- Normal selection clicking (click-and-hold, move).
- Normal selection tapping (double-tap-and-hold, move).
- Single word selection clicking (double-click).
- Single word selection tapping (double-tap).
- Word dragging selection clicking (double-click-and-hold, move).
- Word dragging selection tapping (triple-tap-and-hold, move).
- Single paragraph selection tapping (triple-click).
- Single paragraph selection tapping (triple-tap).
- Paragraph dragging selection clicking (triple-click-and-hold, move).
- Paragraph dragging selection tapping (quadruple-tap-and-hold, move).
All work fine on my touchpad except for "word-dragging-selection tapping".
That one succeeds like one attempt out of three. Most of the times it just select a single word and doesn't allow me to drag the selection around.
All the methods above work fine when using synaptics instead instead of libinput.
I can't verify the issue on other systems right now.
I'm using Arch Linux with:
On an ASUS K55VD. The touchpad entry in
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=000e Version=0000 N: Name="ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" P: Phys=isa0060/serio4/input0 S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input13 U: Uniq= H: Handlers=event10 mouse0 B: PROP=5 B: EV=b B: KEY=e420 10000 0 0 0 0 B: ABS=661800011000003
Other log output:
In both cases I tried to word-dragging select 4 times and only the last one succeeded.