ETPS/2 Elantech unusable w/ libinput 1.7+
I have been stuck on libinput 1.6.3-1 / xf86-input-libinput 0.27.1-1 because anything newer results in very buggy behavior.
- Laptop model = Asus UX302LA
- Touchpad = ETPS/2 Elantech
- Touchpad is one physical 'pad', left/right separated by line
- Archlinux Kernel 4.18.8-1
- Libinput 1.12.0-2
- xf86-input-libinput 0.28.0-1
- xorg-server 1.20.1-1
Touchpad Behavior w/ libinput 1.7+
- Emulated middle clicks (3 finger tap) only registers sporadically
- Using the cursor feels very imprecise - probably too sensitive? e.g Selecting min/max/close buttons, tabs or any smaller area is difficult.
- Two finger scrolling only works half the time...if I am lucky.
P: /devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input16/event17 N: input/event17 S: input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-4-event-mouse E: DEVLINKS=/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-4-event-mouse E: DEVNAME=/dev/input/event17 E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input16/event17 E: ID_BUS=i8042 E: ID_INPUT=1 E: ID_INPUT_HEIGHT_MM=60 E: ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD=1 E: ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD_INTEGRATION=internal E: ID_INPUT_WIDTH_MM=92 E: ID_PATH=platform-i8042-serio-4 E: ID_PATH_TAG=platform-i8042-serio-4 E: ID_SERIAL=noserial E: LIBINPUT_DEVICE_GROUP=11/2/e:isa0060/serio4 E: MAJOR=13 E: MINOR=81 E: SUBSYSTEM=input E: USEC_INITIALIZED=5194485
Touchpad Edge Detection
- Note regarding touchpad.yml. All I tried to capture here was a missed two finger scroll event in my browser. I think it happened on the 3rd or 4th scroll.
Overall, I am having a difficult time figuring out what is going on here. I have tried off and on since 1.7 and subsequent versions to pinpoint it, but always end up rolling back to 1.6.3-1 in frustration. I have probably read all the bug reports on related touchpads...and you would think the quirks file for this touchpad would resolve the issues but that not the case. I admit its likely I am overlooking something, so any tips would be very appreciated.
Thanks for your time, cheers.