Migrate repositories and bugtracker to gitlab.freedesktop.org
This issue is to plan, organize and track the migration of GStreamer to gitlab.freedesktop.org
- Review modules to migrate: #2 (closed) #3 (closed)
- Review group labels to be created and used for the various fields from bugzilla #5 (closed)
test the bugzilla migration script on a private gitlab instance
- with mails disabled
- and with same version as upstream gitlab.freedesktop.org
- @slomo : test github migration script on a private gitlab instance with mails disabled.
- Prepare mail announcing migration, what will change (and what will not change), what people who are interested should do, and the dates.
- @bilboed: Get GCE VM in us-east1 (closest to both bugzilla and gitlab) for running migration script
Stage 1 - Migrate git
- Announce git migration on developer focused channels
Ask fdo admins to run a pre-prepared script
fdo-import-repo.pywith a list of modules from #2 (closed) to move to gitlab
- Disable merge commits for each project - "Settings" -> "Merge request settings" -> "Fast-forward merge"
- Update project description
- Committers updates their push (and optionally pull remotes) for gitlab. End users (read-only access) still use the cgit mirror.
- Make the GStreamer group public
Stage 2 - Migrate bugs
- @bilboed Migrate bugs using the tested script #4 (closed)
- Push gst-docs contributing update: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/ystreet/gst-docs/tree/gitlab
- Ask bugzilla admins (andre ?) to update the banner to point to fdo gitlab for GStreamer.