Device Monitor doesn't handle devices hotplug
Hi I remember it worked previously (like a couple of years ago) but doesn't work now.
I did a few tests.
- Installed Gstreamer 1.16.2 on Gentoo Linux
- Started pavucontrol and made sure it reacts properly to my usb headphone hot-plug
gst-device-monitor-1.0 -fand tried to plug/unplug same usb headphone.
- For some reason gst-device-monitor-1.0 shows no events for my headphone, but it shows events for other devices (reindexed?)
- Wrote a custom application which listens on devices bus and calls
gst_device_monitor_get_deviceson any event dumping list to terminal
- The dumped list never changes on plug/unplug and my headphone is there only if it was initially plugged-in.
- GST_MESSAGE_DEVICE_ADDED/GST_MESSAGE_DEVICE_REMOVED unexpectedly were never received. just GST_MESSAGE_DEVICE_CHANGED.
The headphone is based on CM108 chip.