grok: add plugin for grok JPEG 2000 library
Grok is a JPEG 2000 codec, forked from OpenJPEG in 2016.
Pros vs. OpenJPEG 0) Support for setting broadcast profile (used in VSF TR01 - J2K over RTP via MPEG TS)
- multi-threaded encode and decode (OpenJPEG only multi-threads decode)
- support for colour management - ICC profiles are extracted and stored in decoded image, while OpenJPEG applies the profile and decodes to sRGB.
- meta-data support - manages IPTC, XMP and XML meta-data
Cons vs. OpenJPEG
- slower single-threaded encode and decode
- does not support efficient extraction of random access region from large images
The project is actively maintained - CVEs and bug fixes are applied, including those from OpenJPEG where suitable.
The project is licensed under AGPL3, so linking to the plugin would trigger AGPL on linked code (if the code is distributed or accessed over the network)
There are currently no distributions that package Grok.