[mmssrc] no support for socks proxies
Submitted by Bastien Nocera
mmssrc (and libmms) don't seem to support socks proxies.
(my pretty bad) reproducer:
- Setup a socks proxy on a remote machine (I'm in France on holidays, ssh'ing to a UK-based machine):
ssh -N -f -D 8080 myhomemachine.org.uk
- Setup the proxy (socks in gnome-network-preferences, set to "localhost:8080")
- Use epiphany to access http://www.ip-adress.com/
- Yay, based in the UK (going to the BBC iPlayer page works)
- Try to use a Windows Media stream on the BBC website that would be restricted to the UK: no workie, because libmms/mmssrc doesn't have socks5 proxy support.
The socks proxy settings are recorded in GConf under /system/proxy/socks_host and /system/proxy/socks_port
Right now, I'm using tsocks, and LD_PRELOAD tricks:
(See also bug 505452)