DCA/AAC/AC-3 decoders broken in gst-libav
Submitted by ros..@..il.com
In most of my videos, I only get some of the channels (usually the background music, sometimes sound effects) on my stereo setup. Non-gstreamer players grok them fine though, including mplayer, vlc, and xine.
I have all the gst-plugins-* packages installed, with most external dependencies installed. I have tried to build gst-ffmpeg with internal ffmpeg, external ffmpeg 0.5 and svn (several snapshots from 0.5 to now) with no luck. I just found out that installing libdca and the associated (-bad) plugin seems to work.
I'm using the onboard sound on an Asus M4A785G HTPC motherboard, which is a VIA VT2020 (snd-hda-codec-via), connected to an amplifier using the two RCA outputs on the back.