Migrate DRM repositories to gitlab
Note, this is a very WIP migration plan, we will fill out details as we go.
Probably need this checklist for each part of the migration ...
- Project contacts filled by by requestor
- CoC section filled by requestor
- Git repo information filled by requestor (or N/A)
- Bugzilla information filled by requestor (or N/A)
- Mailman information filled by requestor (or N/A)
- Web hosting information filled by requestor (or N/A)
- Migration request acked & scheduled by admin
- Migration in progress
Primary project admin (GitLab username): seanpaul, danvet
There will be additional owners for each of the projects we're migrating underneath the overall drm umbrealla. Sean&Me will do the initial migration hearding for DRM overall. -Daniel
Code of Conduct
- Our projects agree to the Code of Conduct
- Where reasonable, we have placed links to the CoC within our project
CoC contacts: Listed in CONTRIBUTING or similar docs in each project, with fd.o as escalation points.
Git repository migration
All currently under
cgit.freedesktop.org/drm is in scope. We need to figure out details, so this is just the overview.
gitlab.fd.o/drm/maintainer-tools, will be filled with the maintainer-tools branch from
cgit.fd.o/drm/drm-tip, but reduced committer/owner list.
- Update logic in dim to switch to the new maintainer-tools branch
- Need to disable the intel-gfx-ci job to build maintainer-tools docs <- @ivyl
Need a web redirect from
gitlab.fd.o/drm/igt-gpu-toolswith same group.
- Give everyone in drm-misc commit rights. Or new separate group?
Would be nice to link to
gitlab.fd.o/mesa/drmfrom the drm group.
The kernel repos must all move together, and only after we've prepared it all in the maintainer-tools scripts. drm-tip needs some ACL magic to allow any committer to the other drm kernel repos to also push to drm-tip.
- Prepare maintainer-tools to allow auto-migration of existing setups
Migrate: ldap group drm-intel -> new gitlab group
Migrate: ldap group drm-amd -> new gitlab group
Migrate: ldap group drm-misc -> new gitlab group
- Adjust rules so that maintainers for each group have maintainer role
- Create new project drm-tip, give all drm-* groups access to it
Fixup fork network so all kernel repos are forks of
gitlab.fd.o/drm/drm, see https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/projects.html#create-a-forked-from-to-relation-between-existing-projects
NOTE: Large scale kernel repo migration is blocked on making gitlab.fd.o scale more: #138
ATM no bug migration planned. We'll disable gitlab issues until we're ready to start using them.
Merge Request Flow
ATM not planned to be used. We'll disable gitlab MR until we're ready to start using them.
Lists releavant to different parts of DRM:
- Everything else:
Definitely not first priority, but would be nice to migrate a few things (including putting them into gitlab autobuilders):
igt docs: atm hosted on Intel's 01.org, needs something like