Future of our other services
Moving to GitLab can let us deprecate a lot of our other services, and the duct tape and sawdust which hold them together.
Checklists are a poor form for this, so this page should probably be completely reformatted.
- We have to keep anongit alive, because so many places still refer to it to clone from
- Could we move it to GKE to run off the same storage?
- Set up cgit redirects
- Send patches out to distros (Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Yocto, etc) to switch over URLs to clone directly from GitLab
- GNOME have probably faced a lot of the same problems, so could help us
- Get GNOME's bug-migration script, try it for some different projects, document how to run it
- Would be best to have HTTP redirects, but placing a comment in the bug would be fine as well
- Will have to keep living for the foreseeable future
- Difficult to migrate to GKE, as it requires inbound mail
- These should all migrate to GitLab Pages
- Migrate to GitLab Files ... ?
- ... ?
- Move libnice off Phab ASAP
- Move the couple of smaller projects (Tartan, phabaste, etc) off as well
- Move Wayland/Weston's bugs and issues (ask @thiblahute for his importer script?)
- Kill it
- We need to run Mailman forever, but my oh my it would be good if it handled spam better
- Probably prudent to keep running our own DNS, since it's very low overhead and easy to do
- We probably don't need to host arbitrary files for people, outside of GitLab Pages
annarchy SSH access
- We also definitely don't need to offer everyone arbitrary shells to run arbitrary stuff
- Draw up a list of who's actually logged in relatively recently, and get in touch with them
- roastbeef.fd.o (Jenkins host) needs a far bigger disk if it's to keep running Jenkins
- GitLab CI is probably better though ...
- Kill it
- Maybe move to Prometheus? (#8)
- Should be run from timed GitLab CI pipeline, generating to GitLab Pages
xorg BoD docs
- This can just be a private Git repo
- I'm sure there are services I've forgotten
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have admin enable hashed storage. More information